Friday, December 8, 2006

The Measure of a Hypocrite







Clay Aiken Looks Forward To Small Venues Spilling The Beans A Coffee Break With ...December 8, 2006

Q: Tell me about your newest CD.A: It's called "All is Well" and is a holiday CD released exclusively to Wal-Mart.
A:I never thought I'd be a Wal-Mart special, but I guess I am. It includes a couple of my favorites, "Christmas Waltz" and "O Come O Come Emmanuel."


Q: Was Christmas a big holiday in your house when you were growing up?
A: Interestingly, we did not have any phenomenal traditions. We actually had a very traditional Christmas, spending Christmas Eve with one side of the family and Christmas Day with the other. I think Christmas is one of the times of year when people connect emotionally with a season. There's a warm spirit that shows when I go on the road this time of year. It shows in the audience response.
Q: You'll be performing in a relatively small venue when you sing at the Convention Center Tuesday and with an orchestra rather than with a band. How do you like the change?
A: Both of those are good things. I don't want to sound like a politician, but having a smaller venue is exciting to me because there is not the pressure to sing to the back of the rafters. It's always hard to be a small speck onstage. You can't connect with the audience. With an orchestra and a smaller venue, you can just feel the music. You don't need ear monitors. You can feel the music because it shakes you and rattles you. Most of the venues in this tour are comparably sized, and it's been done intentionally. I like the shows to be intimate.
Q: It's been a few years now since your "American Idol" fame. Are you still a fan of the
program?
A: I think contestants on the show are more savvy because they know what they are getting into. We didn't know. It's disappointing to me in some ways. The newer crop of contestants are the types of people who made fun of us at the time.
Q: You know I have to ask you about the Kelly Ripa-Rosie O'Donnell-Clay Aiken feud. Was it just a misunderstanding?
A: Lord, this certainly turned into something huge. I'm tired of it and actually didn't have anything to do with what the two of them said to each other. I think a number of people talked before they thought, and I feel bad about the drama that resulted. I've talked to both Kelly and Rosie and would go back on the show. I take no offense.
Q: So what do you want for Christmas?
A: There's nothing I want. Wait a minute, hold on, the dog threw up on the carpet. (After a few seconds, Aiken returns to the phone.) Change that, I could use some carpet cleaner.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep. Read it again:
I'm tired of it and actually didn't have anything to do with what the two of them said to each other. I think a number of people talked before they thought, and I feel bad about the drama that resulted.
Clay? You're TIRED of it? Then why the hell are you talking about it every night at your show? You're TIRED of it? You feel bad about the drama that resulted? Bullshit!! No you don't! You are now calling yourself the "King of Controversy" and milking it for a laugh. You are LOVING the drama! Don't you even realize how blatant your lies are?
I take no offense
YOU take no offense? Why the hell are you acting all offended by joking that you'd do it again every night in your show? And just WHAT would YOU be offended about. YOU were the one who was RUDE and STARTED this whole thing. Asshole.
Wait a minute, hold on, the dog threw up on the carpet.
Hearing the lies you were spewing probably sickened the poor dog.
Where is the guy who chose the title "The Measure of a Man" for his first CD?