Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Clay Aiken: Where Is He?



The pictures above are from the last time Clay Aiken was seen or heard from in public.
They are from the Good Morning America appearance he made on February 1st.
To say he didn't look good would be an understatement. He showed up looking disheveled, unwashed, unshaved, had dirty, stringy hair and glassy, bloodshot eyes that had dark bags underneath them.
He looked like a guy who had been up all night.
It could be safe to say that he probably was. It was in the wee hours of the morning before his GMA appearance that he posted his most recent, off the wall blog.
Now, the last blog Clay Aiken wrote to his fans before the current one was this:
01/08/07 : For all of us
I must be honest. I hesitate at times to write things on here for fear that they will be misinterpreted or misconstrued. I know how many of you love to pick apart whether or not my misplaced comma was a ''subliminal signal" that I am "considering taking a untimely pause in my album promotion" or that the fact that I capitalized the word "YES" in a blog really means that I am "concerned about the international ramifications of events in Yemen, but can't say so outright because of pressure from the record label"....
HA HA..
You know I am right! If you don't do it.. you know someone who DOES!!
That said, I somehow today recalled one of my favorite quotes, and wanted to share it with you all.
It has no specific pertinance to my life or anything that may or may not be happening as I enjoy a little downtime with the dogs at home!
But.. Miss Radner's life, though cut far too short, obviously provided her with opportunities to accumulate amazing wisdom. And it shows in her words.
As I find myself spending the next few weeks resting and preparing for coming events this summer and beyond, instead of stopping by here every few weeks to update you on how fast the grass is growing in the yard or what Durham chewed up today, I thought I might take the opportunity to share with you some words of others.. some funny, some profound, some just stupid.... that have either made me laugh, made me cry, or made me think.
But, instead of figuring out the deeper meaning of why I chose Gilda Radner this week (no, it's not some sort of hint that I am going to do Weekend Update on SNL) or why I may choose Churchill another week (regardless that he shares my birthday), instead I hope you enjoy each new entry. Read them for what they are and examine how they might be pertinant to your life. And, if in reading them, you learn a little more about me, I guess thats fine too.
For today... “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.” – Gilda Radner
love,c
Current Mood: Happy

So, with that blog, from a sober and sane sounding Clay, one could reasonably assume that he would be sharing more meaningful quotes. What happened with the next blog? This.

It seems over the past few weeks, the tabloids and gossip mongers have had their hands full coming up with new and exciting "scandals" for me to be a part of. Yet, for all of their efforts to be on the "cutting edge" and the forefront of bull$#@& journalism, it seems that some of them may be running out of ideas and resorting to recycling and re-hashing some of their older tall tales. How sad!?

With this in mind, we thought maybe we would try to give them a finger.... er.. a hand.

For all of the contests that we hold here on the OFC, this one promises to be one of my favorites.Build-Your-Own-Scandal!That's right! Let's show off the creative abilities of the greatest group of fans on Earth.

The contest is simple, but will require some thinking and planning...

Come up with the most outlandish story you can that places me (either alone or with others close to me) in a really juicy/tawdry/scandalous/shameful story.

Then, use any photos, videos, audio clips of me that you can find along with your favorite multimedia enhancing/"doctoring" program (like a PhotoShop or a sound/video editor) to create your "evidence"!

Maybe you have "pictures" of me being "abducted by oversized turnips"... or ... "video" of me "dancing with a three legged gorilla". Be creative!

You'll submit your "story" and "evidence" to an address that you'll find online here at the OFC very soon.

I'll personally pick the "story" that not only is most creative, but has the most CONVINCING and REALISTIC looking "evidence"!(It obviously can't be that hard to come up with!)

The winner(s) will be featured here... PLUS... there will be a great prize to go along with the honor of being the creator of "Scandal 2007"

This one is gonna be fun!!

Feel free to get started thinking...but, keep your eye out for details on rules/requirements for entry and deadlines and prizes. they be announced here soon.

Happy Fabricating!!

c

Current Mood: Excited

Apparently, his current blog took his OFC and some of his fans by surprise. There has been some considerable fallout since this blog. Where is Clay Aiken? There has been no comment from him, there has been no further word regarding his "contest", there have been no comments allowed through on his "MySpace" account since before the newest blog.

He really stepped in it by encouraging a fan club that he KNOWS has children as members to participate in such an activity. There have even been rumors posted in other places that his newest blog is being investigated

So where's Clay? As usual, when confronted with a controversy, he remains silent and unseen. He offers no guidance or comfort to his fans and it seems that there is nobody steering the ship in Clayland.

Will Clay Aiken ever step forward to take responsibility for troubles that are of his own making?

Should we hold our breaths waiting?

That probably wouldn't be wise.